Friday, November 14, 2008

Say What?!?!?

YIKES! Sorry it has been so long since my last blog.  It has been one crazy week.  I started back to work this week on very little sleep and very much caffeine.  The first day was difficult, but the next day was easier.  I am only working two days a week, and right now, my clientele is so low, that I am barely doing that (sigh...)  Anyway, I knew at the beginning of the week what I wanted to blog about, but now, it is 5:15 am on Friday, and I just got Jack back down to sleep, as well as Hudson (sigh again...), so grab another cup of coffee and here we go.  

In my relatively short time as a mommy, I have learned that so many wonderful, beautiful, and HILARIOUS things can come from the mouth of babes.  I have also learned that along with that, some pretty funny things can come from the mouth of mommies.  So, here are just a few of those things I thought I would never say, and those things I dearly LOVE to hear.  Enjoy!

Things I Never Thought I Would Say:

1.  "Yes, your engines can watch you while you eat."

2.  "Please stop sticking chicken up your nose."

3.  "We can't eat the furniture."

4.  "Engines are not for eating."

5.  "Look!  A backhoe loader, a digger, and excavator!  (Oh yes, I now know my construction equipment well)"

6.  "Please don't pee-pee on the carpet."

7.  "Please stop running your cars, engines (you fill in the blank) on the wall."

8.  "Crayons are for paper only."   (Loved the white crayon on the brown walls.)


Things I LOVE To Hear:

1. "God made trees, birds, clouds...."  (The list just goes on.  Thank you Carla and FBCA Children's Ministry)

2.  "It's a GREAT DAY!!"  (always said with such enthusiasm)

3.  "Have pizza party watch Polar Express on engine blanket?"

4.  "Kiss Jack's toesies"

5.  "I yuv you."

6.  "Daddy working hard."

7.  Say pears (prayers) for Nana, Big Daddy, Grandaddy, Mema, Papa, Mimi."

8.  "Mmm... more beans please."  In response to his first M&M.



3 comments:

Tater Tot said...

Here's one for you... "don't put the skateboard in mommy's hair!" Love your blog :) Tate loved seeing Hudson as Thomas!

Jess said...

I love that!! Gives me something to look forward to :)

Darlene said...

Love your blog!"Say what" is great! I had fun "spying" on you guys. Beautiful boys!!!