Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baby Bear

Oh our little Hudson had us rolling tonight.  When Jack was born, Nana bought Hudson a "baby" bear from Build-A-Bear.  It was complete with its own diapers, bibs, bottles, rattles,etc.  Nana gave this bear to Hudson when we brought Jack home from the hospital.  I thought it was going to be great, but I was DEAD wrong.  He just looked at the bear and looked at his Nana and I like, "what do you want me to do with that?"  So, baby bear just sat in his room, occupying a space on his bed, until recently.  He has really decided that he likes baby bear.  We check his diaper often and give him his bottle and blankie.  Hudson is just as concerned about baby bear as he is Jack.  Today however, Baby Bear became an extreme distraction during nap.  I could hear Hudson over the monitor saying, "You need a bottle baby bear", "Baby bear is trying to poop", "poop baby bear", "I change your diaper", "patty cake-patty cake bakes man, put it in the oven for Jack and me."  So, being the intelligent mom that I am, I head upstairs and tell Hudson that baby bear is trying to sleep, and if he keeps talking baby bear will not be able to take his nap.  Hudson looked at me, an in all seriousness said, "But baby bear's eyes are open, he's not sleeping."  How can you argue with that?  What stuffed animal did you ever have that did not have his eyes open.  I am supposed to be smarter than my 2-year-old son, but today he definitely won.  The saga with baby bear continued at bedtime, as Hudson continued to talk to and play with baby bear instead of sleeping.  So Mark went up and told them that if the two of them did not go to sleep, baby bear would have to sleep somewhere else.  When he came down and told me what he said, we both just cracked up.  I told him what I had learned earlier, that baby bear could not sleep, his eyes were always open.   Oh what a mess.  : ))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so........... that's why baby bear is sleeping downstairs! Now it all makes sense to me too!
Nana